Cabin for Sale
Angler's Cozy Cottage is a 2-bedroom housekeeping cabin with detached owner storage in a fabulous location on the Manitowish Chain of 10 Lakes (easy access to all 10 lakes from your dock). Centrally located on the chain and 20 miles north of Minocqua in the town of Manitowish Waters, WI, this cabin stands on the peaceful Manitowish River between Rest Lake and Stone Lake which is a mandated NO-WAKE zone, assuring quality fishing off the pier and friendly waving at the slow-moving boats as they pass by quietly at the posted speed limit that protects the shorelines.
Angler's Cozy Cottage is being offered For Sale By the Owner and will be available for purchase during the rental season. We would like to offer the cabin's unique coziness to the guests who have personally enjoyed its natural scenic views and plentiful amenities provided by Angler's Cozy Cottage and Hillcrest Resort, with hope that it will continue to be one of Wisconsin's finest rental cabins and to anyone who would like to continue providing the best rental cabin in these parts. Of course, you have the option to take the cabin off the rental program and use it for yourself as well as most any purpose including living in the cabin year round.
Call Carol Today
Call Carol to set up an appointment for an upcoming Saturday (when the cleaning takes place between rentals - between 9 am - 2 pm) to take a closer look at the cabin. We would love to see one of our renters buy the cabin so the love and care will continue and, hopefully, the rental plan, as this is a very LOVED cabin by all who have stayed here. Prior to owning the cabin, we ourselves were renters for three consecutive years. The previous owners made a similar offer to their renters and we jumped on the opportunity. It has been a wonderful experience and nothing would make us happier than to uphold tradition and provide a fellow renter the same incredible opportunity.
PRICE: ($219,900). All reasonable offers will be considered. Recent appraisal available (appraised at $234,900). There is very little for sale on this Chain because it is a very desirable waterway and very few properties are zoned to rent out. I challenge you to find a better value or a better cabin for the money on our beloved and legendary Chain. Now is the time to BUY as the interest rates will most likely soon be on the rise.
Our Rental Resorts
Only GRANDFATHERED RENTAL RESORTS will be allowed to rent out any cabins legally all around the Manitowish Chain of 10 Lakes. Therefore, as many of these grandfathered resorts are passed down to family and converted to year-round homes and when these new rules are more strictly enforced, the remaining rental units will become more valuable. All of Vilas County have rules about renting out cabins and homes. Most cabins are R1 Residential. This grandfathered rental resort is zoned commercial. All new construction and all cabins presently not zoned for rental will NEVER be able to rent on the entire Manitowish Chain as long as the 2007 zoning board rule is in effect. ANGLER'S COZY COTTAGE is in a grandfathered rental resort AND this ruling can be verified by the Zoning Dept.
From the opening day of rental in May, this cabin was fully rented through October. The 2016 rental season has only a couple of short rentals left in late fall.. Rentals from Memorial Day through Labor Day are weekly rentals from Saturday to the following Saturday at $900/week plus tax. Spring rates are discounted to $825. Weekend and nightly rentals are available in both spring and fall.
ALL 2017 RENTAL RESERVATIONS will be written into the sales contract guaranteeing that ALL RENTAL RESERVATIONS FOR 2017 WILL BE HONORED and any future confirmed rental reservations at point of sale will also be honored.
Angler's Cozy Cottage is located at the southern end of seven cabins, offering great privacy leaving the other cabin guests with no reason to ever be in your space. There is a large yard on the private property side of the cabin, enough to park multiple boat trailers. Even if anyone should ever want to build on the empty space between our cabin and the private property cabin far down, the required setback for new structures is 75' from the water's edge, protecting your view from Angler's Cozy Cottage forever, and our 25' setback is grandfathered and legal.
From the water, Angler's Cozy Cottage looks like a private stand alone cabin due to the expansive distance between the resort cabins on one side and the far private cabin on the other.
The panoramic view out the oversized picture window is truly postcard beautiful and displays the Manitowish River broadening into Stone Lake. The full rear of this cabin is filled with trees and is then bordered by state-managed woods, and we have a small forest on the far side of the resort ensuring that the beautiful wooded view on all sides will stay fresh and full of nature. This wonderfully unique cabin rents itself very well because of its breathtaking view, and it provides an awe-inspiring "Up North" vacation abundant in fishing, boating, and RELAXING!
LOCATION * LOCATION * LOCATION!
- END CABIN — which provides total privacy in a wooded resort setting.
- SNOWMOBILE TRAIL — crosses through the State-managed woods about 1/8 of a mile from the cabin. If you ever decide to winterize the cabin, snowmobilers would love the location and easy access to the snowmobile trails. During the summer, these trails provide a wonderful hiking and biking opportunity SO CLOSE TO THE CABIN. View nature upclose-albino deer spotted within 50' of cabin.
- LITTLE STAR BEACH — Directly across the Highway from Birch Hill Road about 1/2 mile from our cabin. This site will give you more information about this gem of a beach.
- The Manitowish Waters AIRPORT and the local LIBRARY are within one mile of this cabin, and the TOWN OF MANITOWISH WATERS another half mile farther.
- We are one of the closest resorts to the LITTLE BOHEMIA RESTAURANT, located just across from us on Hwy 51, now famed for its action packed scenes in the recent movie Public Enemies starring Johnny Depp.
- 20 mi north of Minocqua, this cabin is close to shopping, restaurants, theatre, golfing, skiing, horseback riding, casino, nature center, and trails for hiking, biking, and snowmobiling. Vilas County is known for its natural resources and beauty.
IMPROVEMENTS IN THE LAST 3 YEARS:
- Installation of Electric Fireplace with surrounding Wisconsin River Rock
- *Addition of a Queen-size bed in one bedroom
- *Full double Bed and a Twin Bed in the other bedroom
IMPROVEMENTS IN THE LAST 6 YEARS:
- New Roof on cabin and new roof on storage building for Cabin 1
- All-new Wiring throughout entire cabin including installation of new front and back porch lights and hardwired wall reading light over bed and smoke detectors (not an inch of old cloth wiring left)
- New Stairway with a stone path from screen door to the water's edge
- New L-shaped Pier with a 6' bench on the "L" (great to fish from and to gaze at the stars in the openness of the river)
- New lights on dock and on stairway with a 2-way switch at both the dock and on the wall outside the cabin door to operate both lights simultaneously
- New electrical outlet at pier
- New kitchen counter top with new kitchen sink and new faucet
- New bathroom vanity with new sink and new faucet
- New toilet
- New screens on both porches
- New storm windows to cover porch screens
- Indoor/Outdoor carpeting on both porches
- New screen door on porch
- New telephone line run underground (for private secured 3-meg internet connection for NETFLIX free streaming movies and tv episodes)--can also support a land-line telephone
- New refrigerator
- New Landscaping and planting of new pine trees all over resort and around this cabin
- Cabin and storage building and most of resort were newly painted
- New ceiling fan in living room (along with ceiling fans in both bedrooms)
- New pillow top mattress for full bed
- New Sofa Sleeper Futon with 6" mattress and matching chair
- New Adirondack Chairs for yard
- Porch Furniture
- New Pillows and blanket
IMPROVEMENTS IN THE LAST 8 YEARS:
- New Septic (shared between cabins 1 and 2)
- New individual Deep Well
- New Tile on floors in kitchen, living room, and bathroom
- Rebuilt porch floor and bedroom floor
- Twin wooden beds and new mattresses
- New Side Chair in Living Room
IMPROVEMENTS IN THE LAST 13 YEARS:
- New Wall Heater with thermostat
- New bathroom remodel with new bathtub and shower and all new fixtures
- As well as other less visible but important changes and additions
Other Cabin Amenities:
- Screened-in porches.
- All furnishings for inside the cabin, decorated walls and blinds and curtains on windows, and for porch.
- Stocked kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, wine glasses, popcorn popper, etc.
- Northwood Decor — sleeps 4 - 6 people (1 full bed, twin beds, and queen sofa futon sleeper (6" mattress), along with all bedding, pillows, and blankets).
- Oversize picture window with postcard view of Manitowish River broadening into Stone Lake.
- Protected view of shoreline—due to DNR restrictions--all new cabins must be built 75' back from water, plus, one side of river has state managed woods on shoreline. This cabin is 25' back from water.
- End cabin in resort — providing closest lake view and full PRIVACY
- Fishing boat provided.
- Outside of cabin: full picnic table, charcoal grill, and grill ash can and 2 adirondack chairs.
- Owner storage building (8 x 10).
You can visibly observe that this cabin should not need any additional repairs or work on it for a very long time, due to our loving upkeep.